From private showings to the runway firing squads of flash photographers to which parties to hit up. Let us give you a few suggestions to make your New York Fashion Week experience the most fun while fitting in, and looking stylish!
When is New York Fashion Week 2018?
New York Fashion Week runs from Thursday, February 8th to Friday, February 16th, 2018.
(Men’s Fashion Week will be Monday, February 5th to Wednesday, February 8th, 2018.)
Where is New York Fashion Week 2018?
New York Fashion Week shows take place all over the city, but the main presentations happen at Spring Studios (6 St Johns Ln).
When are the Winter Olympics?
The Winter Olympics happen from Friday, February 9th, 2018 – Sunday, February 25th, 2018.
Wow! There’s So Much Happening At Once. How Can I Do It All?
Adios Grammys and hello New York Fashion Week and Winter Olympics 2018! Since we are the “New Yorkers” after all, let us show you how to run your Olympics of Fashion, while in town and experience the best of both!
Nordic Combined: Where Do I Buy The Best Winter Clothes To Stay Warm During Fashion Week?
- Fivestory – 18 East 59th St. 10021, (212) 288-2621
- Moncler – 90 Prince St. 10012, (646) 350-3620
- Reiss – 309-313 Bleecker St. 10014, (212) 488-2411
- Uniqlo – 666 5th Ave. 10103, (877) 486-4756
- VFILES – 12 Mercer St. 10013, (212) 804-6400
Short Track: How do I get into New York Fashion Week 2018 Shows?
New York Fashion Week includes two types of shows: Industry and open-to-the-public shows. Unless you’re a buyer or work in press, it is unlikely that you’ll be able to snag a seat to the major players’ shows. However, you can nab tickets to the public shows here.
Curling: Where Do I Get My Hair Done?
Who has time to get their hair done while jetsetting all over the place? Not us, at least, so here’s a quick list of some of NYC’s more notable hairstylists! Lucky for us all, The Grammys were in NYC, so we don’t have to do much frantic flying around this year.
- The Collective – 611 Broadway Suite 740. 10012 (917) 612-1636
- Spoke and Weal – 147 Grand St. 10013 (646) 869-1052
- Hair Rules – 828 9th Ave #2. 10019
- Fleischman: A Men’s Salon – Multiple Locations (212) 956-2000
- Truman’s Gentlemen’s Groomers – 120 E 56th St. 10022, (212) 759-5015
Freestyle: Will I be able to hang out with any models?
That is the dream, and that dream may very well become a reality, but we just want to say: we told you so!, in case you miss out on anything fun!
- Private Parties – Grab a friend, dress the part and crash a private party. Details to these are kept under close watch, RSVP’s are triple checked and invite lists are nearly impossible to get on, but crashing one isn’t impossible.
- Sky Room – 330 West 40th St. 10019, (212) 280-1195 – Sky Room hosts both NYFW Opening and NYFW Closing parties and has NYC’s longest-running fashion series, every Thursday beginning at 5pm.
- The Blond
- Paul’s Casablanca
- Cafeteria – Worst case scenario, just meet up with the models after they’re done partying, at the local diner where they are most likely to end up.
Luge: after a long day of running around the city, why not come to Sky Room and get a few drinks from our ice luge? Oh yeah, that kind of luge. Tequila!